Special people
It looks like it's going to pour real soon. Since I walked back minutes ago, mr thunder has been making himself known. The sky is grey and it's sure windy.
Anyway, this morning, we were discussing about 'special' people in church. How one should deal with them. By 'special' we mean u know......those whose mental and social abilities are different from the norm.
As the discussion went on, my mind floated to the Bible....soon.... verses where God asked His people to care for the fatherless, the aliens, the widows....flooded my mind. Besides OT, in NT, for eg James 1:27.
Then I turned to 1 Corinthians 12. Verses 22 - 24 caught my mind. I read....'On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts, need no special treatment.'
Wow....no wonder we need to spend time to talk about these special people and how we can care and help them. I repent Lord.....should not overlook them. They deserve our care more so than we think.
[i know...some of you might be thinking...is about spiritual gifts....but maybe hints more than that since is talking about the body of Christ...and in any case, this principle can be extended :)]
Anyway, i was also thinking of Philip Yancey's book i read many years ago where he wrote a chapter or so on 'special' people in church. I think it was from 'Church: why bother, my personal pilgrimage'.
Ok that's all for now. Strange....no rain....oh well at least i won't have to walk back to church wet.
In Him,
ron

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home