Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Swimming

I swam so much during my childhood days, primary and secondary school days that i felt like i spent so much of my life swimming!

And so i swum at the only Malaccan public pool (still is can't believe it considering that Malacca is bigger than s'pore and the latter has like numerous pools) all those years.

I usually swum Tues-Sats from 4:30-6pm (late for training really since it starts at 4pm :)

Anyway, what made me think of swimming recently is that on Monday, i went swimming with another old friend who is now a pilot......we had some great discussions about planes, flying etc etc over japanese food. It has been a while since I swum.

The Holland Village pool is nice and quiet, usually so, i am told. Anyway, was great...swimming and chatting in the pool about life etc etc.

Speaking of pools....wow....i've been to so many pools...... in Melbourne....i went to the city public baths quite a lot.....then there was Harold Holt's swimming pool in Malvern (a suburb in Melbourne)....in Sydney.....either the outdoor pool in the park near Moore or the indoor Sydney uni one. In s'pore....a few lah here and there.....

You know when one is underwater.....the feel is quite interesting right.....and i do think quite a fair bit about stuff while swimming.

Oh yes another random pool memory is the one in NZ, I went to watch my 11 year old cousin in her swimming training with my ang mo aunt. Yeah as we watched her....I had to comment about her swimming lah since my aunt was interested to know.... and was also great talking to the mums who were also watching their kids swimming. Had interesting conversations when they realised I had just finished theological training and was soon heading back to S'pore. :)

Oh yeah....many more pool memories.....but i think it's enough for one night....i could go on and on about it......:) ......hmm....makes me think......i should think about the biblical theology of water in the bible.......yes let's start from Genesis.....ok maybe one day i'll do that.....:)

For now, adios.....good nite and praise the Lord! (although I have tonnes of work waiting for me), well by God's grace it will be done. :)

Oh yes....today being 31st August......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home