Friday, June 02, 2006

Ben... you're the man!

Read this email and you will know why: (and 'style' of the title of this blog entry is such because I went to watch 'She's the man' recently)

Good morning everyone! How are you? Hope all's fine esp in the Lord. As you know the Da Vince Code thingy has been a hot topic for quite some time and now i think it doesn't seem so hot anymore. For myself, I'm kind of had enough with it already. So when Chris Chia signed the office staff up to listen to Ben Witherington III on DVC yesterday morning for pastors, I was a bit reluctant to go. But I thought, it would be a good break from our weekly routine of work to listen to him. And so I went.

And boy, was i pleasantly surprise because Ben isreally a good speaker and very learned on this topic. He is clear, knowledgable and very engaging. A very rare gift to have for scholarly people, considering hehas written over 30 books! 2 of which has won awards! So after listening to him in the morning, I changed mymind to listen to him at his nite public talks. So I went yesterday nite with my uncle who is not a Christian and again, it was a great nite! Not only was his presentation good but the Q & A was also very good(went on for about 45 minutes!).

So in summary, Ben is a really good speaker andlearned on this topic. Go listen to him and you'll be encouraged! I'll be going tonite as well (last nite). He'll speak more on the DVC. Doesn't matter what it is but folkshe is an expert on this! Trust me! So if you are interested to go, meet me at 7:30pm atthe MRT exit next to St Andrew's Cathedral.

Ok hear from you then, for those who want to go.

Have a great day in Christ,
ron

1 Peter 3:15

ps: I'm going despite feeling tired and need to packup for church camp tmr. So, that should say how good Ben is :)

addition notes to the above email: If I'm seen as 'idolising' ben, well...let me then say, Praise God for raising such a servant as Ben and may the Lord use him to teach us well about church & Bible history and about Jesus and His Word, for the building up of the saints (which I am a recipient), guarding them against false teachers and all these things for the glory of God! Then, the title of this entry sould read 'God...you're the man' (methaphorically speaking). :)

Btw, ben too has a blog. Do a search on the web and you will find it. Oh if you are wondering...ben is Ben Witherington III.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home