Cinderella Man
I was tempted to write just 3 words about this movie...... a must see!
Probably the best movie I've seen this year.
I think it's the story, the character of James Braddock.
Set in the Great Depression, I was thoroughly touched seeing how the family of Jim coped with the GD. In fact I was touched numerous times. Seeing how Jim related to his wife, his children, his boxing as the GD and his physical condition affected him. (And of course, there is the boxing....the very miraculous story of his boxing life which served like a shining beacon of hope in the GD. And as I watched it, I can't help but think, wow! God must have raised this man for a purpose in that time.)
In all these, Jim stands and shines out as a man of integrity, full of honor, courageous, noble, a true blue family man ......for me....simply one of those 'a few good men' types.
Ah such men, hard to find these days. Of course though he appears to be too good to be true, I'm sure he is also a sinner ...... (yeah...he seems to give up on God given the circumstances he is in).
But his other qualities ironically shine perhaps like the male version of Proverbs 31.
Apart from Jesus Christ, yes such a man inspire me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home