Eragon
I recently bought a book (or should I say rent) and it's called 'Eragon'. It belongs to the fantasy genre and it's been a while since I read one. I was initially hesistant to buy it because ever since I read 'Magician' when I was 15, I have yet to find any fantasy book that came close to it (ok maybe exaggerating a bit). Nevetheless, I've read lots of other fantasy book series like David Edding's Belgarian series, the dungeons and dragons originial series written by margaret weis and tracy hickman, Shannara series by Terry Brooks plus others. The other more acute reason is because after a while....it's all about the same things...just rehash and presented differently.
So I was hesitant. But then I thought I'll just pick it up and have a glance....to feel the world of fantasy again....to my surprise...the first few pages of eragon was quite interesting and grapping. Perhaps it was the style of the writer, perhaps it was the storyline....i like the idea of a nobody set in a small town, becoming someone big in due time and perhaps it was the fact that it was the no.1 sunday times bestseller at some point in 2004, perhaps also it involves dragons which I do have a fascination for, perhaps i was in the right mood, perhaps ......anyway...i bought the book.
And it has been an enjoyable read so far. Given my busyness, I forsee myself making only good attempts to finish it after mid-Nov. Then perhaps sometime I can embark on book 2 called 'Eldest' which came out August this year. These books are part of the Inheritance Trilogy.
Oh...and i just discovered that a film on eragon will be released next year and its production is currently underway in Budapest.
Cheerio!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home