Dad
After weeks of listening to JC and MJ, I thought for a change, I'll listen to some classical music.
Well songs from soundtracks and classical pieces. So like right now.....'For the Love of a Princess (from Braveheart)' is on by James Horner.
Soon, God-willing, I'll be back in M'ca celebrating my dad's b'day with my family.
This Sunday, he turns 60.
My dad......when I think of my dad....i think...starting from my primary to secondary school days....how every weekday morning, he would wake up 5+am to prepare the family's breakfast and packed lunch.
Those mornings, he would prepare, for me....it's 1 mug of milo and 1 half-boil egg and i usually take 1 spoon of cod-liver oil. Then, there's my packed lunch .... usually some sandwich.
When I was in primary school, he would send me to school by his motorbike. How I would sit behind, looking at my surroundings....holding on to him when I was younger.
My dad and I usually don't have as deep a conversation as I would have with my mum.
But there has been some great conversations. One in particular was when we were walking down a beach.....then when he was wondering about the meaning of life....this was the time when my mum had cancer of the colon. Then we talked about God and it was a great conversation.
Then by God's grace, he was saved and then my mum and him attended church..... when my dad was a young Christian, he had a hunger for God's Word, so he bought a life application bible.....then being in a brethen church.....they even asked him to preach....so today he does preach in his church several times a year.
Last easter, he was even involved in their church musical! Anyway, I do pray and hope that he will keep growing in Christ, being steadfast in his faith and persevere in believing and following Christ as his lord and savior.
When I was in uni, I was praying for both my parents salvation almost every day after hearing a speaker saying that if u don't pray for your parent's salvation, then who will?. Now I should be praying for their growth in Christ. Today, I pray as often as i can, for my sister's salvation.
My dad comes from a very poor family....so he would tell me so often about how it was when he was growing up as a child....to instill frugality in me. To a great extend this has been incalcated in me.
My dad is really simple and down to earth....great qualities dad! Till today....he rides on his motorbike around M'ca!
My dad is hardworking......saving monies for both my sister and I.....so that we could study overseas.... he sacrificed a great deal for me......and by God's grace......when he (my earthly father) thought of helpling me have a great education in Australia, God instead gave me a great salvation in Christ. It's amazing how God worked through my parents decision to send me to Down Under to bring me to Christ and now to serve him in the capacity I'm now in!
And then, now this great salvation has come to them. Now, that's an amazing dream come true and I am tremendously grateful to God for that. For no amount of money in the world could exchange for this great gift of life and salvation that has now been extended to my parents! Thank you God! You have been so so kind.
So dad or daddy, on your 60th b'day, I wish you Christ which I thank God for saving you in Christ. I wish you Christ because only in Him, can there be true life, true meaning in life, true everything, my only wish is to see you continually love God and His people, to keep serving Him, to keep hanging on to Him, to keep sharing Him with others, to keep .....just hold on to Him so tightly....never letting Him go, never....no matter what the circumstance....for He is the Lord, the Savior, the Lamb, the gate, the morning star, the redeemer, the Christ, the Messiah, the Judge, the Good shepherd...the alpha and omega, the Creator, the Sustainer, the Vine, the sacrifice, the great high priest, the king, the cornerstone, the Son of Man, the Son of God, ......... (oh the riches of God's Word!).
You get the the idea dad. And also I pray that you will help mum to grow in Christ too. Help her to delight in God's Word (Psalm 119).
I wish you Christ dad on your 60th b'day.
And thanks for all your love and sacrifice all these years!
Good nite!
ps: a great father and son movie is Frequency starring Dennis Quaid and James Caviezel
pss: a great Christian book on fatherhood is 'Fatherhood' by Tony Payne. When I read it....I almost couldn't put it down.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home