Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Listening to the radio

Wah I'm been listening to class 95 tonite as I embarked on writing the first paper for my ordination. On my spiritual journey.

Anway, it's been ages since I listened to the radio and for that long. Made me realised how out of touch I've been. Perhaps I've to start listening to American Top 40. The last time I listened to it was when I was a teenager!

I was glad that I learned that the song which I heard the other day is called 'Held' sung by Natalie Grant. Tis a beautiful song. Definitely a must hear. Catch it if you can.

Writing and listening is reminiscent of my schooling days! How cool! Yeah locked in this world of studying, pondering, thinking, writing, being absorbed in this world.

Read Ezekiel 1-11 this morning, was thoroughly struck by it, yeah was really absorbed into it, the phrase that kept appearing was 'and/then they will know that I am the LORD'. To see God's anger, fury on his people who worship idols, not obeying His law. In his judgment and restoration of Israel....it's for the purpose of so that 'they will know that I am the LORD' says Yahweh.

Wow....God had to do this like to drive into the rebellious hearts of the Israels....to punish them severely using the Babylonians and then to restore them as a wake up call like blowing the trumpet loudly at their faces so that they will realise that God is Yahweh, the God of Israel, the God who created the world and saved them from the Egytians. And therefore, deserve their thorough devotion, their thorough worship, their thorough obedience, love to Him. How dare they worship idols and not obey Him and behave like the other nations!

I guess, even for us, sometimes God has to use a severe incident in our lives to wake us up! To wake up our rebellious hearts. So that we may repent, come to our senses and worship the true and living God! Only Him and Him alone deserve our devotion and worship. No other.

Goodnite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home