Jay Chou is back!
Yup jc is back....no not our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ but my taiwanese friend. Hope he believes in Christ and be saved so that he can create groovy songs for the LORD! So let's pray for his salvation! :)
Anyway, I'm surprised that in my relatively short space of time in following JC, he has come out with 3 albums.....and all 3 I've been impressed with so far! And his latest offering, 'Still Fantasy' (a carry on from one of his earlier albums, no.4 i think [this album is no.7]) I must admit when I first saw it and heard it, I was a bit skeptical whether it would be good. Prehaps how other people have failed in producing good follow up on previous good albums was causing me to have a preconceived negativity towards it, hence a biasness.
But boy i was glad that i was proven wrong. Having traces of his previous album and Initial D style of music.....it seems to me that this new album is a mutation, a good one of some sorts of that and also hving somekind of a new sound which is resultant from using some chinese instruments. And of couse, there is still his trademark style of using violins and piano in his pieces and also his efferversent rap which is cool!
Still I have no idea what he is singing since I hardly understand mandarin, but nevertheless his music is one of a kind! I liken him to be the modern mozart of the chinese music world. And since my all time favorite classial music composer is mozart, that explains why I so like Jay Chou.
ps: JC...stop living in Fantasy but believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. And start writing really cool christian grooves on how the Lord saves, how he is coming back, how he gives us new life etc etc...lots of material from the Bible to compose and make music!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home