Saturday, July 07, 2007

R

I met R this evening,
a single man in his 60s.

I had dinner with him, talkative he was, I guess it comes with age,
telling me about a myriad of things, from how he came to know Christ and about
the politics in his previous church, his encounters with porn and stories about it.

As I sat there listening to him, a fear suddenly hit me, oooo will I be like that when
I grow old and am still single.
I became frightened, desparation to get married seized me.

But then I relax, such thinking is not Christian, stop it.
this is his lot that the Lord has given him.

So whatever the Lord has for me, I too must live joyfully in it, even singleness.

I came back, praying for R.

5 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Lee Chee Keat said...

Hi, not sure u still remember me- chee keat from M'sia. We used to play football in one of OCF convention with Melvin Lo. U used to serve in OCF Carlton. Anyway, somehow, juz bump into ur blog. Juz heard tat u left arpc. What happened ? - juz wonder. Where are you serving now ??

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger sojourner said...

Wow I am so suprise to see a comment coz it's been ages since I logged onto my blog.

Yeah I think I remember you. Yup I left arpc and am now at riverlife at pasir ris.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Lee Chee Keat said...

wow...surprise to hear your reply..tot I may never hear your reply anymore if I mention the sensitive issue why you left arpc. It's the church I admire due to its emphasis on biblical teaching but since you left, it tells me something fishy !!! Anyway, got back from Eagles conf last month and tot I got chance to meet you but I guess I miss....hope to meet you some day. O yeah, ur ex house mate damien yeoh was my ex house mate in Aust. So, the world is small, friend. Hee hee

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger sojourner said...

haha..oh eagles conference! I wanted to go and volunteer to help out but i fell sick. ARPC is still a good church, just that riverlife suits me better at the moment. But there is no perfect church!

When you are in singapore next time, drop me a line.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Lee Chee Keat said...

SO, why riverlife is suitable for you and ARPC is not ?? The leaders style, the worship style, doctrinal issue are diff....?? Juz want to know. I know a friend told me that ARPC is known for condemnning people who have sinned rather than showing grace. Juz wonder if it's true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home