My perfect Sunday afternoon
This has been plaguing me for quite some time, so I've decided to pen some thoughts about it.
Have you ever felt like...
after a great service of worshipping God and a riveting and challenging sermon, you find it difficult to spend the remainder of your Sunday meaningfully?
My problem is this: finding a group of people where there is meaningful conversation over lunch and to hang out after that. I guess being single and with no family in singapore makes it harder to find company. So when this problem arises, my sunday pratically goes downhill after Sunday service...although not all the timelah...as I find some alternative things to do which sometimes turn out well but at times it doesn't. But if I were to wish for the perfect sunday afternoon after church service, it would be:-
1) Have lunch with people I can click with where we can discuss how the service was for us (which includes discussing the sermon), catch up on how the week has been for us, enjoy each other's company, people who are envigorating and encouraging, willing to share their lives openly as I would and who is willing to know me really well.
2) Free to chill out after that. Then when evening comes, have a walk in the park, then cook dinner together and end of the day by watching an excellent movie.
Of course, even better, a partner whom I can do these things with and put to practice some of the things from Songs of Songs. :)
Gd nite.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home